Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Goodnight Moon

I have a serious infatuation with the night sky.  I have spent numerous nights staring up at the stars, and when something like a lunar eclipse happens you can bet I am outside no matter what the hour waiting it's arrival.  Last night was no exception.  I ran outside every 15 minutes to peak at the progress and around 12:25 I got all bundled up and went outside to gaze up at the sky.  I didn't last too long out there...it was a tad chilly...but I did stay until it had completely eclipsed.

 (Taken by an old co-worker of mine's son)

A red moon is hauntingly beautiful.  A probable time for the arrival of zombies (haha Carla!) but thankfully there was no invasions of any kind..and I was safe to freeze outside in awe of it's beauty. 

Here are some of my favorite images of the eclipse:


 (Click pictures for sources)
...the last one is my favorite hahahaha! 

Did you stay up to watch?! Any pictures to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment