Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Years Resolution


My New Year's Resolution for 2010 was simply to make good choices to better myself inside and out as I've been rather terrible over the last six months. Studying has kept me on the couch with out any motivation to exercise or even knit.  2010 is the year of ME!....some things I've already started on:

Flossing - mostly this is to avoid all the scaling I have to endure @ the dentist...probably my least favorite thing ever.  So far I have kept this up for about 2 weeks!  We'll see how long that lasts....my friend Jenn is on my case about it, so I think I'll make this as permanent as brushing! (I seriously want to try this cupcake floss...wonder where I can find it?!)

 

My largest accomplishment this January has been saying goodbye to my good friend McDonalds. I don't know what it is about this greasy non-food that I find simply irresistible, but I am LOSING my mine without it.....I am hoping to get to the point where I can simply have this as a lovely hangover cure, but at this point I am steering clear of even the ice cream........(btw I totally had these toys, and am now beginning to wonder what happened to all the junky McDonalds toys I collected over the years!)


My most difficult feat has been quitting smoking.  I have one more day until I am banned from cheating ever again.....I have a feeling I will be avoiding anyone I know who smokes for a month or 2 to get through this.  I'm totally fine if there is no temptation, but the second someone lights up a smoke in front of me I forget I'm even trying to quit. I am determined to make this the year I give this stupid habit up forever....

But to take advantage of my newly healing lungs I have decided to incorporate some easy exercise into my life.  I figured the best way to start was a video game....something I can do during study breaks!  I was going to purchase a Wii Fit until my friend Sarah recommended EA Sports Active to me.  So this weekend I am picking it up and as of Monday I am going to try and fit this in as much as I can manage.  We'll see how that goes.........
I'm hoping to incorporate one new thing each month for the rest of the year.  Haven't decided what the next thing will be....

No comments:

Post a Comment